World Environment Day (WED) is the UN’s most important day for encouraging worldwide awareness and action for the protection of our environment. Since it began in 1974, it has grown to become a global platform for public outreach that is widely celebrated in over 100 countries.
“Beat Plastic Pollution”, the theme for World Environment Day 2018, is a call to action for all of us to come together to combat one of the great environmental challenges of our time. The theme invites us all to consider how we can make changes in our everyday lives to reduce the heavy burden of plastic pollution on our natural places, our wildlife – and our own health.
While plastic has many valuable uses, we have become over reliant on single-use or disposable plastic – with severe environmental consequences.
To this end, Green Impact Eco-Smart Development and Advocacy Initiative (GIESDAI) in collaboration with Climate and Sustainable Development Network (CSDevNet), is joining the rest of the world in marking this year’s World Environment Day with a number of events that will take place all over Nigeria and beyond.
The groups will be engaging partners, volunteers and interested persons from all corners of the country and the beyond to join us in raising awareness and inspiring action to form a collective contribution towards the global movement needed to beat plastic pollution for good.
Ending the plastic pollution Contest
In line with this years theme for WED, GIESDAI and CSDevNet have lunched a 1-minute video competition aimed at creating awareness on the dangers of plastic pollution.
With the name Ending Plastic Pollution, the competition comes with following terms and conditions:
- Make a 1 Minute video capturing your action or a group action for World Environment Day. This should be based on the theme” Ending plastic pollution”
- Get innovative and let your action be dynamic not just to win the prize but to stand for the true value of our planet and its vast resources.
- Additionally, a very brief report on the event should be submitted alongside the video entry plus good quality pictures. All must be sent to our email (email@example.com) to validate entry.
- The contest will take place on our Instagram account @greenimpactint.africa. Each individual contestant’s video will be posted on our page and a threshold of 150 likes will be needed to qualify to win.
- While the number of likes is an important criterion to win, the final decision on who the winner will be decided by our judges.
- Irregular and bought likes activity on contestants’ entry will lead to disqualification
- Entries will be received until 11:59 pm June 4th, 2018 and winners will be announced on the 11th of June 2018.
- Winners name will be announced on our social media platforms.
- Every participant stands the chance of getting a certificate of participation.
For more details and inquiries, contact Greenimpactinternational@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (08067789449 08028870229)